Interested in Rotary? Come to a Club Meeting!
If you are interested in finding out more about the Rotary Club of Boronia and our activities, you are welcome to join us at one of our weekly meetings. Many meetings feature a guest speaker; our forward program includes:
- 5th September: Janine Mossop – will provide an update on the work of Backpacks 4 VIC Kids, a not-for-profit organisation that provides crisis packs and gift packs to vulnerable children, aged from birth to seventeen years.
- 12th September: Michael Simpson, Eastern Raptors Rugby League Club – will speak about junior rugby league football in the local area.
- 19th September: Club Committee Meetings – members will break into groups for committee meetings.
- 26th September: Club Assembly – Committee Chairs will provide an update on recently completed and proposed activities.
- 3rd October: Frida Umahoza – a survivor of the 1994 Rwanda genocide, Frida will enlighten us with snippets from her life story.
- 10th October: District Governor Ian Ballantyne – will make his official visit to the Club.
Christine Anderson, Rotary Club of Ferntree Gully – will also provide a brief update on the Knox Nocturnals Youth Club, a social inclusion program for 12-18 year olds in Knox.
- 17th October: Club Committee Meetings – members will break into groups for committee meetings.
- 24th October: Cheryl Laks, Zoos Victoria – will speak about the educational programs and resources offered in support of the Zoos Victoria Fighting Extinction School Program.
- 31st October: Kristian Dauncey, Nadrasca – will provide an insight to this disability support organisation, whichoperates in the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne.
- 7th November: No meeting – Melbourne Cup Day.
- 14th November: Tom Mason – will enlighten us in respect of Cyber Security.
- 21st November: Club Committee Meetings – members will break into groups for committee meetings.
- 28th November: Annual General Meeting.
- 5th December: Professor Angela Morgan, Speech and Language Group, Murdoch Children’s Research Institute
– will speak about the Genetics of Stuttering Study, which aims to pinpoint the genes that predispose individuals to stuttering.
- 12th December: Club Committee Meetings – members will break into groups for committee meetings.
- 19th December: Christmas Breakup – details to be advised.
The Rotary Club of Boronia meets each Tuesday evening, normally at the Knox Club, 480 Boronia Road (corner Boronia Road and Stud Road) Wantirna; you can also join us online. Please call 0419 003 277 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to join us (connection details will be provided for those wishing to attend online), or to obtain further information.
Note: Some meetings are held at alternative venues and on different days. Please check before attending.